I was introduced to chemical free soap brands just by pure luck by a friend and I am a convert now. Non Toxic Soap in India is considered a luxury whereas before we only used natural products for cleansing the skin.
New brands and this never ending craze for BIG brands and branded beauty products is sadly harming our skin day in and day out.
I never liked the concept of handmade soaps because I thought they were expensive and I was under the impression they wouldn’t lather nor do their job of properly cleansing the skin.
Actually I have found that chemical free soaps are very good, they do lather (most) and they cleanse the skin while keeping it soft and supple and nourished.
What you will find here
- 1 Why go Chemical free?
- 2 Some Chemical Free Soap Brands
Why go Chemical free?
Lots of harmful chemicals in soaps can cause long term health issues.Chemicals in soaps can be carcinogenic and can be a skin irritant. Generally soaps contain one or all of the following harmful chemicals.
- Fragrance or that good smell we get in soaps can actually cause allergies.
- Parabens have been associated with the risk of breast cancer.
- Phthalates have been associated with breast cancer and reproductive defects .
- Synthetic colours can be carcinogenic and cause skin irritation.
- Sulfates can cause skin, lung and eye irritation.
It is shocking to see so much go in a simple soap which we use daily, for years.
All the more reason to switch over to chemical free soaps don’t you think?
Some Chemical Free Soap BrandsMissed your favourite brand? Leave a comment and we will add it to this list.
Khadi Soaps are all natural and vegan.
They contain natural oils like almond oil, castor oil, some essential oil like Kesar oil, Strawberry oil, Sandalwood Oil, Glycerine, Rose Water, Soap Base (vegetable Oils).
There are absolutely no chemicals and have a shelf life of 2 years from Date of manufacture.
Read: My Grandmothers Secret Recipe for a skin whitening soap
This is another brand of handmade soaps which have no chemicals or paraben or sulfate.
These soaps are all natural and different soaps have different properties like anti ageing, blemish reduction, skin tan reduction.
They also have bath salts and reeta shampoo bar which can be used to wash the hair.
Vedaearth is cruelty free. They use fewer ingredients which are all natural and totally chemical free, infused with essential oils.
Geranium Roman Chamomile Soap with Turmeric
- 100% Vegan
- Cruelty free soaps, No Animal testing
- No Parabens
- No Sulphates / SLS / SLES
- Hand made soaps
- Cold process technology used to retain nutrients
- Ayurvedic recipes used
- Made with Essential oils
- No preservatives
- Vitamin E used
They have amazing soaps and bath salts, check them out
Alanna Handmade Bathing Soaps
This brand is founded by Rashi Bahel.
- Products are handmade
- 100 percent natural skin and hair care products
- They have a Full disclosure policy that means consumer knows every ingredient used
- Shelf life of products is 18 months or more but best consumed by 6 months
- They use plant derived ingredients
- Products address skin type and concern and are not general formulations for all problems hence good if you have a particular skin concern
- Fresh fruit based extracts sourced from farms in Himachal Pradesh and Uttaranchal
- They use fresh pulps and oils as base in their product
- No Sulphates and Parabens
Learn more about Alana products Click Here
Handmade Activated Charcoal and Green Tea Face and Body Soap with Coconut oil
Ingredients : aqua, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, sesame oil, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, lye
Soap is mild on skin
Helps fight acne
Reduce tan and provides a blemish free skin
How the soap can help you ?
- Activated Charcoal – Deep cleans skin
- Coconut Oil – Moisturizes and makes skin supple
- Green Tea – Removes excess oil and dirt
The soap rejuvenates the skin, almond protects skin against sun exposure.