Have you tried a sleeping mask? They are just heavenly ( well most of them) ..
Laneige is a Korean company and the product we are reviewing here is one of the best product they have .
Having said that you must read through to figure out if it is good for you.
What you will find here
- 1 What is Laneige Water Sleeping Mask ?
- 2 Is Laneige water sleeping mask good ?
- 3 Is laneige water sleeping mask suitable for sensitive skin ?
- 4 Can I use laneige water sleeping mask everyday ?
- 5 How long can laneige water sleeping mask last ?
- 6 How to use laneige water sleeping mask ?
- 7 How to store laneige water sleeping mask?
- 8 When to apply laneige water sleeping mask ?
- 9 Ingredients
- 10 The Verdict – Good, Bad and Ugly
What is Laneige Water Sleeping Mask ?
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is water based moisturizer which locks in moisture in the skin. This is just a moisturizer, not a blemish cream . Yes it can address dry skin due to its moisture locking properties.
What I like about the product is it has many plant extracts which naturally fight against dryness, counter acne and moisturize the skin.
It is suitable for all skin types
Is Laneige water sleeping mask good ?
It has been voted Best of Beauty by Allure in 2017.
This moisturizer has many good reviews and most people seem to be happy with the results.
This mask is worth a try and you can always opt for a sample pack.
Is laneige water sleeping mask suitable for sensitive skin ?
This mask is good for all skin types. It has silicone and fragrance , if your skin reacts or is allergic to these you should test it first.
Can I use laneige water sleeping mask everyday ?
As per the instructions the mask should be used once or twice a week . They say the product loses its efficacy if use often.There are reviewers who have been using it as a moisturizer as a part of their daily skin care regime with no side effects.
Totally differs from person to person, so test it and see.
How long can laneige water sleeping mask last ?
This totally depends on your usage. Generally you just use a little amount and it should last 6 to 7 months .
All this is subject to expiry date, so make sure you discard left over product at expiry.
How to use laneige water sleeping mask ?
Sleeping masks are generally applied at night, so that they have time to work ( undisturbed time).
Your skin care regime for applying the mask would follow the usual steps.
Now you can apply your face serum, face oil, and face cream.
After that apply the laneige.
Some people use it instead of their day cream, some use it daily as a moisturizer .
How to store laneige water sleeping mask?
Store it in a clean and cool dry place.
When to apply laneige water sleeping mask ?
The sleeping mask works best when left overnight. It kicks in while you sleep and makes your skin look fresh, moisturized and rejuvenated.
Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1
- Butylene Glycol functions as a moisturizer and solvent but it can clog the pores ( t ranks 1/5 on the comedogenic scale)
- Oenothera Biennis Root Extract is a plant extract and is a skin conditioner.
- Dimethicone has antifoaming properties, is an emollient and protects the skin. Ranks 1/5 on the comedogenic scale.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is a humectant and skin conditioner – moisturizes your skin.
- Hydro Ionized Mineral Water
- Cyclopentasiloxane helps spread the product, so you get the smooth finish. Though its a silicon it is not toxic nor a skin irritant. This is also the reason that the gel will spread nicely, evaporate and leave your skin feeling light.
- Evening Primrose Extract
primrose oil has been shown to sooth skin and is rich in linolenic and linoleic fatty acid, which is good for acne-prone skin.
- Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract conditions the skin and is an antioxidant.
- Beta-Glucan has anti allergic properties,hydrates skin, has collagen, soothes skin rashes, sun burn.
- Fortified water
- Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract – rich in antioxidants, protects skin from free radicals.
- Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract – has beta hydroxy acids and salicyclic acid which fights acne.
The Verdict – Good, Bad and Ugly
This has so many ingredients which are good for the skin and these have been obtained from plant extracts. It does have silicone so if you are allergic then test it first. Also it has a fragrance which might irritate the skin if your skin is too sensitive.
I found it has acne fighting ingredients, is loaded with humectants ( to lock moisture in). Some of the ingredients can lighten the skin and also I personally feel the moisture locking properties will help address fines lines, dry skin and wrinkles.
Comes in a handy glass jar with a plastic lid and spoon.
Value for Money
It is cost effective considering the benefits and if used once or twice week will last long.
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is worth a try. I highly recommend it and would love to hear your feedback.