Seer Secrets Lip Scrub is a lip scrub with all natural ingredients. It is loaded with emolients, humectants, vitamins and natural skin calming ingredients along with natural exfoliators and skin lighteners.
This is my second Seer Secret product, the first one was the Seer Secrets Aloe Vera and Guduchi Hydrating Retexturing Facial Serum. The Seer Secrets Lip Scrub specifically the Seer Secrets Rambutan dates & liqourice Lip Scrub is not something I would have purchased.
It came to be in the Glamego Box and I received this product twice, most recently in the October Glamego Box.
Do I like the Seer Secrets Lip Scrub ?
The product is good as you will see in the video review below.Then why am I hesitant?
I think the price is eating away at me.
If I had to pay from my pocket for such a tiny container, I wouldn’t.
Unless I am desperate… but in the case of lip scrubs I am not desperate…
What you will find here
- 1 Do I like the Seer Secrets Lip Scrub ?
- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Is it good for Dry Lips?
- 4 Will it lighten dark lips?
- 5 Does it contain preservatives ?
- 6 Seer Secrets Lip Scrub Review
- 7 Whats my verdict?
. Raw Cane Sugar
Raw cane sugar is dehydrated cane juice, it still retains the colour and is very potent. It is one of the best ingredients to use in face masks and scrubs.
Lets take a look at all the goodies and benefits it brings to the table
- Glycolic acid – It has glycolic acid which exfoliates dead skin cells
- Cleanses – It removes dirt and oil
- Unclogs pores
- Helps moisturizers penetrate and hydrate
- Natural humectant – helps maintain moisture in lips ( perfect for dehydrated lips)
. Cocoa Butter
- This is also called as theobrama oil is a natural oil obtained fro the cocoa bean. Lets see if its any good for the lips..
- It naturally heals dry skin
- Restores smooth soft skin if you have dry flaky skin
- Treats chapped lips
- Prevents lips from further drying
These are the benefits of cocoa butter. See this butter works better if it is applied after exfoliating ( as it can be absorbed then).
So My tip: Let the lip scrub stay on the lips for some time.
. Almond Oil
- Removes Tan
- Relieves dry chapped skin
- Vitamin A
- Rejuvenates dead cells
- Prevents chapped lips
- Moisturizes lips
- Soothes and Softens Skin
- Humectant – Hydrates Skin
- Provides protection against irritants
- Antibacterial and Antiviral benefits
- Treats irritated skin
. Liquorice Extract
This is obtained from a root which is known for its benefits for dry skin and for skin lightening properties.
- Natural skin lightening agent
- Contains Glabridin which blocks tyrosinase the enzyme which causes pigmentation or skin darkening
- Helps reduce pigmentation and tan
- Conditions lips
Some studies are saying this might cause heart problems, high blood pressure, swelling and sluggishness. This is when it is consumed.So I guess I shouldn’t lick the product off then …
. Rambutan Extract
- Anti-parasitic properties
- Has Gallic acid – free radical scavenger, prevents cancer
- Moisturizes skin
. Date Extract
Is it good for Dry Lips?
It is especially good for dry dehydrated lips. The ingredients make the lips plump after regular use.
Will it lighten dark lips?
I am not sure it has skin whitening properties. But any time you exfolitae often, the top skin layers get exfoliated or removed. This lightens skin after the very first use.
Does it contain preservatives ?
It has no artificial or chemical preservatives. All the preservatives are natural.
There is Vitamin E in this product which acts as a natural preservative. Also Cane sugar acts as a preservative. The Essential oils in the product act a preservative. Apart from that the product is dry ( ish). If you watch the video you can see it actually falls everywhere. That is on purpose, lesser moisture means no need for preservative. Vitamin E derived from natural sources which is working as the preservative.
It has no chemical preservatives ( atleast not mentioned in the ingredient lis t).
Seer Secrets Lip Scrub Review
The video below shows you the texture of the product and how to use the lip scrub.
Here are some tips for you
- Apply lip scrub
- Use circular motion rather than a back and forth motion (less abrasive) to apply the scrub
- Leave it on for a few minutes ( I cant seem to tolerate it for more than 1 minute)
- Rinse off
Whats my verdict?
Well it is definitely good for the lips. The Seer Secrets Lip Scrub can lighten lips over time and provides healing and brings relief to dry sensitive lips.
I haven’t noticed any cons in this product except of course the price.